Thursday, 20 July 2017
Monday, 17 July 2017
Taking care of the environment
Not wasting the water
Remembering to put our rubbish into the bin, not the ocean.
Not polluting the water + air.
Planting beautiful flowers and plants
Looking after the trees
Not putting plastic and plastic bags in the ocean.
We can make our neighbourhood beautiful by:
Taking care our Environment
Caring for the trees
Mowing the lawn
Cleaning up our house
Planting Beautiful flowers in the garden.
Sunday, 16 July 2017
- We Believe lanterns are a symbol of the stars.
- The focus of Matariki celebrations link in Maori history.
- Matariki means star cluster. So they make lanterns to show the stars and light.
- "each woven star represents light,hope,courage and solidarity to end all forms of violence in our world," Ms Talia Pau.
- The stars are to support the commonwealth games vision of a peaceful and successful global community.
- The fireworks marks the start of the Maori New Year.
- Remembers the people,Language,Spirituality and History.
Friday, 14 July 2017
If I arrived in New Zealand in the waka I would feel nervous because there would be a lot of Maori people that would be staring at me which makes me uncomfortable.I would feel excited at the same time because I would greet Maori people with a hongi.